As we prepare to return to full day instruction for the 2021-22 school year, please take some time to review the Hueneme Elementary School District's Family Resource Guide. Please CLICK on the link below to view the entire resource guide:
A few highlights regarding this coming school year:
- Per CDPH guidelines, face coverings are required to be worn by ALL persons indoors when on a school campus.
- Students and staff will self screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming to school.
- We encourage all who can receive COVID-19 vaccinations to do so, but vaccines are not mandatory for staff or students.
- We will continue to practice the safety and sanitation routines that started last year.
- Classrooms will be provided hand sanitizer and personal protective equipment as well.
- Physical distancing will no longer be required; we do encourage staff and students to practice social distancing when possible.
- Visitors will be limited in schools. In-person meetings may take place for special events and face coverings will be required if they are indoors.
- The Hueneme at Home Digital Learning Academy independent study program is available for students who do not wish to attend school in-person. Per Assembly Bill (AB 130), the legislation removed the option for distance learning and designated independent study as the option for students who are not able to attend in-person.